Do you feel the energy of change?
Join to develop your city.
The 6th International Power Shift 2017 forum is an event that will bring together activists, social organizations, and active citizens and provide them with space for the exchange of knowledge, experience and skills, necessary to make their cities sustainable and comfortable, cities for life!
The forum will be held on October, 6-8 in Ivano-Frankivsk (Ukraine) and will bring together more than 60 participants from Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia.
PowerShift 2017 is for you if:
- You are interested in ecology, climate, green energy, permanent transport, urbanism, sociology, architecture, sustainable and innovative solutions, community development;
- You are socially active, creative, environmentally conscious, you want to change your city for the better and strive for environmental / eco-climatic justice;
- Looking for new opportunities to show your active social position, but not sure how and where to start;
- You have an idea and you want to find a team and resources;
- You already have a team of like-minded people and are looking for additional resources for your project;
- You live in Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Russia, and other countries of the region.
More about the forum
The main goal of PowerShift 2017 is the development of the skills of participants and participants and the exchange of experience with international and local trainers (k) and experts (k). Also this year, the forum team plans not only to acquaint the activists (k), but also to unite the directions of the movement – climatic, urban and educational.
The program of the forum interactively highlights 3 main topics:
- Cities on the verge of change
- The power of self-organization
- Developing and running a public campaign
Participants will be able to apply the acquired knowledge and experience in practice after the forum in their initiatives, they will also have the opportunity to learn more and become a part of the “Cities for Life” campaign – an international initiative for the development of comfortable and climate friendly cities from 350.org.
In 2016, the first wave of the Cities for Life campaign united 15 cities in 5 countries of the region. Independently or in partnership with local authorities, our teams worked on the development and implementation of climate strategies, the creation of sustainable transport infrastructure, green zones, alternative energy and other sustainable solutions. In 2017, we plan to bring together more people who are not indifferent to the problem of climate change within the campaign, and provide new financial and educational resources to its participants.
The terms of participation:
Participation in the forum is free of charge.
Organizers provide accommodation, meals, and educational program and compensate for the transportation costs.
Selection of participants is conducted on a competitive basis according to the registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/KhXQIpcX14xWPf8u1
Details of the venue, program and speakers will be updated on the event page: https://www.facebook.com/powershiftua/
Registration is open until September 18, 2017.
The forum is organised by:
International non-governmental organization 350.org
Ukrainian Youth Climatic Association (UMCA)
With the support of the representation of the Heinrich Böll Foundation in Ukraine.